Hi, this post is some kind of giveaway. I want to share couple machine learning app ideas i was thinking about. We all have only 24 hours per day so it’s impossible to try out all ideas which come to our minds. Because of that, it’s sometimes worth to share them, i hope they will inspire you. Enough of introduction, let’s get to the list:
- Service which will use Machine Learning to allow video streaming without cameraman, using many cameras, always choosing the one with the most interesting content. Let’s think about a local football game, currently you cannot watch local team games if they are not in top leagues. This service, could allow to easily connect for example 4 cameras and start streaming the game. App will automatically track the ball, switching from one camera to another, to always present game from the most interesting angle.
- Real time world mapping for blind people. An app which will use Computer Vision to process image from phone camera (it can be put into pocket on chest) and tell blind person what object is in front of her. Let’s imagine an app that will inform: “you are approaching the pedestrian crossing” or “a rectangular object in front of you”. It would be very helpful i believe.
- Online courses with Machine Learning support. Currently if you take an online course to learn play a guitar or speak in foreign language it’s the human expert who listens to you and tell what’s wrong and what to correct. With power of Machine Learning, those people could be replaced with software. App will listen, compare with expected result and inform course participant what to change to achieve better result.
- Code supervisor, an app, which will use Machine Learning to analyze written code and suggest how to improve it. In many cases it turns out that we create too big classes, the logic is too complicated, data too public and… no one has time to do a code review. App which would analyze code in a seconds would save a lot of time many software developers.
- Alarm system, which will use Machine Learning and image from home monitoring cameras to recognize dangerous situations. It could detect fire, or leakage before it will cause significant damage.
- Price helper. For a lot of used items it’s really hard to estimate what price to ask for, when we want to sell them. This app would be able to ask for couple details, like item condition, age, colour, and use historical data from ebay/craigslist to estimate how much this item could be worth.
- Smart blur. An app which will use Machine Learning to automatically blur some type of objects on video, for example faces or number plates.
Ok, that’s it. I shared all my Machine Learning related ideas i kept in my evernote. Feel free to turn them into Machine Learning Startups 😉